June 1, 2010

"100 Days of Chocolate"


"Many people miss opportunity
because it's dressed in overalls
and looks like hard work."
-Thomas Edison

We've reached the 100-day countdown.
100 days until my friend flies back to America,
100 days until he can talk to me freely,
court me, maybe,
if Skype dates aren't too laughable to him.
{But if they were, I probably wouldn't love him with so much of my heart.}

100 days, my friends.
Just 100 more.


I know I just posted about relishing each day,
and I promise to do that:
with every chocolate,
every day,
I'll look forward to knowing
he's home again
in one hundred tomorrows.

8 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this. :D I like the chocolate idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found some delicious candies you can enjoy every day! :) It's so cute! And sounds fun ;) If I knew exactly when baby was coming I would do this too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You told me that you're not allowed to see eachother until the airport. You told me to make sure it happens. NO SKYPE DATES!!! No no no no no no no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that lovely bones song is so good / haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Skype dates, aren't they just the greatest? Ya know what Dutch and I used to do? We would go to the movie store, he in Canada and me in the US, and rent the same movie. We would go home, phone each other and hit play at the same time. That's how we went to the movies together when we were dating. Super cheesy I know but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really like that idea. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete