February 11, 2010

"Tea"

I went to a little tea party
and held a fashion show in the garden.
O, Blessed Wind,
take my heartfelt song to the Isles of Britannia!
The tea set.
It's polite to leave a little bit of tea in the bowl.
I think it's the same when dining in France...?
{True, Jeanie?}
Though I didn't drink any of the tea,
it was wonderful to watch my host <--{the same woman who took me to Himeji} make it.
So much culture, just in one little ceremony!
After tea, we made lunch.
Okonomiyaki!
Rawr, I'm a carnivore.
Scrum-dilly-umptious!
After lunch, came the calligraphy lesson.
{Don't judge my handwriting.}
This is my name in kanji:
愛 = love {a}
珠 = pearl {shu}
麗 = beauty {rei}
波 = wave {ha}
紋 = pattern/ripple {mon}
{PS: I made the ink! YAYAH!}
After calligraphy,
we went to the Onaka village
where the houses of ancient peoples
were rebuilt.
I felt like I was in Totoro's world.
:)
Beautiful ume flowers
were blossoming all around the Onaka village.
After the village came the museum.
And another opportunity to play dress up.
YAR!
Your soul smells good.
{That one's for you, Jeanie!}
What an attractive young woman I've come to be.

{Music credit to Michael Dowdle}

7 comments:

  1. Oh how jealous I am of you! I would love to play dress up! Oh how I want to play dress up! (I got a taste of it last week and i want more!)

    I want a calligraphy lesson! That is so cool! I think your handwriting is very pretty! It looks very nice.

    My school on Tuesday had a special day with an assembly and other activities. The 6th grade made tea for me, the tea ceremony. It was a little sad because I couldn't refuse. :( yes, i drank the tea. But it was a very nice gesture and the students were thrilled. Some times I find it hard the distinguish the line between my keeping my standards and keeping good relations with the schools. What do you do when you are offered something like green tea and your saying "no" could tarnish your relationship with your school?
    Ah, moral dilemmas you are faced with when in a different culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true! :D It means "Thank you so much it was wonderful and I enjoyed it - it filled me up" If you finish it all they give you more and more and it's kind of rude O_O lol.

    You look so pretty! :) And then quite silly (just how I remember you :P) That looks super fun! I love Totoro :) he is so big and happy. and you're calligraphy is way better then I could ever do O_o kudos to you for that! I'm glad you get to experience all kinds of culture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute, Ash. Love the dressing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's song's like one of my favorites from my dad's newest album. Yeah, Michael Dowdle's my daddy. That's so cool you have his music! How'd you come across it?

    Keep rockin' in the Land of the Rising Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calligraphy, culture, and dressing up.
    There are days when I am just so jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive Music Downloads offered the song as its free weekly download. :) Michael Dowdle's music is always inspiring, so I hopped on that chance quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should do those name things for everyone for Christmas. I would soooo hang one in my house. And your writing is beautiful... of course I don;t really know the difference ;) I especially love the meanings.

    ReplyDelete