January 10, 2010

"The Convenience of it All"

While training in Tokyo,
I was told horror stories of ICs
{internship coordinators}
who abandoned their interns after the first day.
I was worried it might happen to me,
but Yoshiko has stayed by my side
and checked up on me
the entire time I've been here.
She's helped me
file my alien registration,
set up my bank account,
shop for home necessities,
configure my internet settings,
learn the layout of the city,
and even acted as my lawyer
to the principal and staff of my junior high school.
She's been with me every step of the way,
and I am forever grateful to her.

My chocolat apartment is located near
the train station
the post office/bank
{they're in the same building}
the mall
the grocery store
a multitude of restaurants
the barber shoppe
and, miraculously, my new ward
{which is conducted entirely in Japanese}.
I don't have to pay to go to Church anymore!

The only place that isn't close to me
is the junior high school, where I teach.
Since Monday is a holiday over here
I start work on Tuesday.
Cross your fingers for me.
I'll need all the prayers I can get.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you.

    This week started just crazy- I always forget just how hyper kids get when the pollution level is high. And count your blessings with having a coordinator. My two bosses (government and school) get to have a nice long chat next week. I'm so not looking forward to it.

    I miss you so much- and your posts bring me happiness (and make me hungry). Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete