October 11, 2009

"Deseret International Concert"

"We give hope when there is none." -Deseret International
Working at BYU Broadcasting certainly has its benefits.
While searching for community calendar events, I happened upon this concert.
When I found out the tickets were free, I quickly ordered 4 in hopes of taking friends.
...And I did take friends. :)
{Thanks so much for coming, guys! So sorry, Jeanie, you couldn't make it this time!}
The absolute highlight of this night {for me} was shaking a general authority's hand.
*squeaky scream*
Weeks prior, I had complained to my boss about never meeting an apostle before.
Now I have no complaint.
{But I can't die happy yet... not until Bryn comes home!}
Jenny Oaks Baker and Daniel Beck blessed us with jaw-dropping performances. There are so many talented people in this world, and my love for those people grows whenever they volunteer their gifts for good causes.
Happy birthday, Deseret International!

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you got to attend this concert!! Isn't Jenny Oaks Baker absolutely marvelous? She is so enchanting to watch in person. I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chica!

    Still way sad I couldn't go :'( but it looks like you guys had fun :) I gotta meet these buddies of yours :) Thanks for sharing the video and the pics! :D Looks like it was an awesome concert ;)

    Oh, and P.S. I know Dan Beck :P He's a really neat guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our different points of religion make me not so excited that you shook the hand of the apostle as in my mind they’ve all been dead a long time. I am glad you enjoyed your concert though and I applaud Desert International for all they do. Love your Non Mormon Grandmother who you once told she couldn’t walk on water because she wasn’t a Mormon! You were about 5 or 6 and I came to visit and we went somewhere where a pond was frozen over and your dad took your hand and took you out on the ice and when I started to follow you out you held up your hand and said “whoa grandma STOP only Mormons can walk on water!!” Your mom, dad and I laughed so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! I've always wanted to shake the hand of an apostle.. I'll get my chance someday. Sounds like an awesome concert!

    ReplyDelete