August 29, 2009

"Daydreaming"

"A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten. Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absentmindedly, and with little relish." -W.H. Auden

While writing in my journal the other night, I was swept away in a Jane Austen daydream (which is saying something, because I'm not a Jane Austen sort of gal) and, well, this is the result.
As you may very well know, the original image is not from a Jane Austen movie at all. Indeed, it was taken from the 1982 film, "An Officer and a Gentleman" (which I've never actually seen).
And yes, I'm the favored candidate for the "Worst Photo Composite Ever" award this year. I know our skin tones don't match the original grayscale, the lines around our faces are badly cropped, etc. etc. I honestly just wanted to have a little fun, never mind how well it worked out.
We'll take cute - REAL - photos like this someday. Just you wait and see!

5 comments:

  1. Actually - I think you did a great job!!! Way cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way cute, Ash. I think you did a very good job! Better than I would have done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it—you are so clever and yes full of day dreams but that makes life a lot more interesting than not day dreaming!

    ReplyDelete