August 25, 2010

"Tokyo Tower"



Ma-chan and I flew 
up the hundreds of metal, cable meters
of Tokyo Tower.




Maybe it was just the fog on the horizon,
but we couldn't see an end 
to the buildings
that shrunk below us 
lining the streets of Tokyo.



They hold club concerts on one of the floors,
a haunted house rests on another.


And at dark,
the whole building glows with lights.


It was eerie being up that high,
but I never wanted to come back down.
Oh, to be a little bird.

{Music via Late Night Alumni}

1 comment:

  1. I loved Tokyo Tower. I went there with Satoshi. I am so glad you stood on the window in the floor. Satoshi nearly had a heart attack when I did and danced on it. ;P

    It is an amazing view, and when the sky is clear, you really can't see an end to the sea of buildings.

    ReplyDelete