September 7, 2009

"Labor Day of Love"



"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
-Anne Frank

For Labor Day, we bridled horses for autistic children to ride.
Mom, Pickle, and I all drove out to Hoofbeats to Healing and spent the first half of the afternoon fetching geldings from the pasture and supervising the children as they rode.
After that, we lunched at Quiznos and plucked apples and pears from our friend's backyard.
Oh, and we snacked at Yummies. The name says it all.

And then, on a whim, we fed tortillas to ducks at a pond I haven't been to since I was little.
What slipped through our memories was the carp population there ... and they are SO BIG.

For photos, go here: {click}

I'm fightin' a double dose of allergy medicine at the moment. Must. Stay. Awake.
Helping those children ride the therapy horses was so worth it.
I want every Labor Day to be this full of love.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, you're amazing!!

    That's so awesome that you got to go do that!! And those fish are ENORMOUS!

    Cute video, woman! How did you get so fantastic at video editing and all that? Do you use a specific program or something? I've never tried video editing, but I think it would be fun!

    Love ya, love ya!

    ~Mandie Palmer~

    ReplyDelete
  2. great movie!! some day I'm going to make you tach me how to do that.

    Okay... I have a lot to say because I loved this but I'll just say this:

    Seriously... those fish are huge! I'm surprised they don't eat the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Looks like you had an amazing MONDAY! That horse place was cool! Who is the little boy your sis was helping ride? Those apples looked DELICIOUS!!! And those fish in the park were HUGE!!! The ducks in Boise bite you when you go to feed them...they are mean :(

    ReplyDelete