August 16, 2009

"I'm in Love"

{Image via Robyn/Midnight-Rain}

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle

In contemplation of "The Five Love Languages", I've discovered that my main language is "Acts of Service".
Of course, I feel loved when someone wraps me in a warm hug and tells me how grateful they are for me as well, but it's easiest to grab my attention when you share my burden.
I may fight it sometimes, but if you push hard enough, I'll see your sincerity and allow you to be my partner in accomplishing a task.
You just have to prove your veracity first.

{Image via Dicky Hendarwan/Dodoy}

Thank you, sweetheart, for being unguarded and wholehearted time and time again.
Just being who you are opened places inside me that never saw the sunlight before.
When I cleaned my apartment for the Sabbath, you grabbed a broom and swept right beside me.
It was always wonderful to perform my music for you. You smiled every time my fingers plunked the piano. You loved to hear me sing.
Any boorish, crass, indecent word that passed through my lips left you frowning. Because, to you, I was above that.
You inadvertently showed me the amazing person I could be.
And for it, I love you.
Thank you, my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment