March 21, 2009

"Japanese Practice"



無我夢中で勉強しています。(I am completely and utterly absorbed in studying.) -Buddhist phrase

To make studying Japanese memorable and interesting, I'm dramatizing situations and creating context for the phrases and sentence structures I've been learning in class. Here's a little scene where two friends (they use informal speech with one another) are at a football practice and the sun above is blazing down on them. Suddenly, it begins to rain and their new clothes are ruined. *tsk tsk*

This was recorded in GarageBand. The sound effects/ambient noises are from an online distributor. Both characters are played by me. The script was taken from different sentences in my textbook and modified to fit the scene.

It doesn't feel like it, but I believe I'm advancing somewhat in Japanese. I'll get there someday! Hope you enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. HMMMMM.........SOUNDS GREEK TO ME...HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gma Bowden-SandersMarch 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM

    Clever girl my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete