June 24, 2015

"If We Hold On Together"


James Horner wrote the soundtrack of my childhood, The Land Before Time being the most influential of them all. I was a little girl obsessed with dinosaurs, watching this film again and again with my family, loving Littlefoot's journey with his friends to that final paradise, The Great Valley. I shared this song with my brother (who did the final master cut), since James' music touched both our hearts growing up. "If We Hold On Together" was one of the first complex songs I learned on the piano as a child, from sheet music and a little bit of my personality thrown together. This isn't a glamorous performance by me, it's breathy and raw and I believe you can hear my voice shaking throughout from trying not to cry.



"If we hold on together, I know our dreams will never die. Dreams see us through to forever..." Sleep sweetly, James, we love and miss you so much already. Thank you for sparking so much magic inside us and leaving behind you a legacy of music for generations to cherish.

Download the free MP3 here.

Performed and arranged by Ashley Serena
Final mastering by Birth Place Audio Productions
Original music by James Horner, Diana Ross, Will Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment