March 23, 2015

"Ballad of the Forresters (Talia's Song)"


This was such a powerful song in Telltale's episodic Game of Thrones game,
I had to pay tribute to it with my own interpretation.
There are many lyrical variations depending on the choices you make in the game
(which I think is wonderful),
so these are the lyrics Talia sang for my Ethan.

I started learning the bodhrán for this (my first ever drum!), took up some shakers and jingles, and of course threw in some penny whistle to give it a more tribal, natural feel.



This is my debut release on Loudr.fm (special thanks to Karliene for publicizing it as now my dream of self-publishing isn't so daunting)! I'm so excited to share this song with you all, and I do hope if you enjoyed it, you might consider supporting my music by purchasing a copy for your personal listening. ❤ Buy Ballad of the Forresters here!

~*~
Performed and arranged by Ashley Serena
Final mastering by Birth Place Audio Productions
Original music by Jared Emerson-Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment