January 18, 2010

"Kids Sure Say the Darndest"

"God gave you my favorite smile in the world. Please use it!" -Elder Farnsie
While most of the teachers are shy around me,
the students run up--giggling--blurting out any English they know.
Mostly, it's just:
"Hello!"
But, sometimes, it's:
"You are so cute!"
&
"You are beautiful!"
&
"I love you!"
&
"I want to take you home!"
{Actually, that one was in Japanese.}

And then, my favorite:
"You are so Caucasian."
Uh oh, they're on to me...

And then, today, we practiced American Tongue Twisters.
I had students stand and recite one Tongue Twister of my choosing.
Group Three had: "A Big Black Bug Bit a Big Brown Bear"
What came out was: "A Big Black Butt Bit a Big Brown Bear"

I love my students.
{Image via Amanda}

7 comments:

  1. Close enough, I would say! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thats fun, we had a game in tagalog thats a tongue twister game that makes you say funny stuff if you mess up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a HOOT!! THANKS FOR SHARING. YOU STOPPED SHORT ON YOUR TONGUE TWISTER. IT GOES " A BIG BLACK BUG BIT A BIG BLACK BEAR, MADE A BIG BLACK BEAR BLEED BRIGHT RED BLOOD ON THE BATHROOM RUG" I HAD TO LEARN THIS WHEN I WENT TO AUCTION SCHOOL! NOW, YOU TRY SAYING IT REAL FAST!! HAHAHA!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kids! They are just so cute!

    Today at lunch they fought over who got to sid by me. I felt so bad picking a place to sit down. Funny thing is they didn't really want to talk to me, they only wanted to sit by me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's why I keep going back to the elementary schools. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    And just so you know, I have little kids saying things like that around here too- no matter what language they speak. Write down their little funny sayings, because it's hard to remember them later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i decided that the junior highs are actually the best. we`re really lucky! hahaha!

    i`m so glad they tell you that you`re cute and beautiful! because it`s true, you know. :D

    who do you like best? the ninth/3rd graders are my absolute favorites. very very genki. YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, see, the 9th graders at my school don't want to do anything. In fact, they jeer at my genki-ness. :P Oh well, guess every school is different!

    ReplyDelete